I finished my first homework assignment this evening. The instructions were to set up a still life consisting of three objects placed in front of a black background and with a light foreground. The background had to take up more space than the foreground and the shadows of the objects could not enter the background. I tried to take a series of photos to document my process, but my camera's battery died. I've shared what I was able to get. Overall, I am pleased with the painting, but if anyone has a suggestion as to the color to use on the core shadow of an orange, I am ready and waiting for some advise. I am still not sure I got it right.